Tuesday, August 18, 2009

All in an instant

At the end of the work day I am often wound so tightly that I begin to channel the Tazmanian Devil (hopefully keeping the "devil" to a minimum :) ). My head is spinning with all that has transpired throughout my work day, all that has yet to be finished, and all that is awaiting me upon my return in just a few short hours. I wonder how I am going to get it all accomplished and if maybe I need to have the "I need to be a stay at home mom" talk with B again. I race to my car, then race down the road, all the while running the checklist through my mind, "Did I make this? Do I have that? Did I remember everything I need to bring home?" I am hoping that I'll make it to M and M's sitter's in time. I come bounding through door with less than 30 seconds to spare. I am tired, I am drained, I don't think I can muster the likes of one more child's voice....but on the other side of that door I trample through....


I hear the sweetest sound. A sound that melts my heart every time. A sound that rings in my ears as easily and cheerfully as your favorite song. It is a sound that transforms my frazzled, frantic, and frenzied day into tranquility and peace- all in an instant....


"Oh, Mommy, you're here! I love you, Mommy! Thank you, Mommy, for coming home!"
All in an instant everything that was weighing heavily on my mind, all that would have caused continued stress well into the night...has disappeared; it is gone, vanished...in an instant. All because a sweet, little girl with bouncing curls called ME "Mommy".

1 comment:

  1. So Sweet...it's amazing what pains those little voices can cure :)

    ReplyDelete