Sunday, August 22, 2010

Success


As you know, this week began our new adventure at The Robertsons'- I begin keeping two little munchkins 3 days a week.  We had a very successful first week together, in my opinion anyway.  The kids all got along very well- there were very few "disputes" over who would play with which toy, for example.  The biggest snafu was the "jealousy factor"- Macie D had a little trouble adjusting to the fact that I was not all hers, all the time (something she had gotten very comfortable with in these past weeks since my "retirement").  I would say the most monumental success was Wednesday afternoon- all four kids slept peacefully for two hours...at the SAME time!  It was such a gift- silence in the house for that short period of time, enabled me to catch my breath, clean up for "part two" of the day, and even do a load of laundry!!  If week one is any indication of what our future weeks will look like, well I may just be the luckiest mom and babysitter around!! 

Look at us- we were all sitting in the same place at the same time- AND looked at the camera at the same time. :) 

Macie and Chad enjoyed many hours parallel playing! 

 It has been so intriguing to me to watch all four of the kids interacting in their day - such immense developmental differences and to think there is only 3 years that separates the youngest (Chad) to the oldest (Mia). 
We can't wait for tomorrow to get here to enjoy another week together! 

3 comments:

  1. All four for a two hour nap? I am truly impressed! Glad it went well, looks like a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww!!!! Those are so sweet. I love the pictures. :) I love being able to see what they do during the day - such great kids! I bet that 2 hours felt like 12 minutes though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone can handle this, you can!!!!!

    ReplyDelete