Monday, October 25, 2010

Menu Plan Monday- 10/25

Happy Monday and Happy Halloween Week!! 
**If you are anticipating pictures today, I am sad to say there will be none.  We had a great weekend filled with birthday parties, pumpkin carvings, and time outside, but this mom didn't capture the moments.  I will do my darndest to get something "captured" this week and post it.  Is it time for me to say, "I told you this would happen."?  LOL! 
Hope everyone has a fun-filled Halloween on Sunday!

Monday- Chili Chicken Soup with Cilantro Dumplings

Tuesday-  Mandrian Chicken Salad with Sweet Potatoes

To prepare the salad:
- 1-2 cans mandrian oranges
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed or sliced
- romaine lettuce
- tomatoes- I use the grape tomatoes, about 1/2 the container
- chow mein noodles
- Toasted Sesame Salad Dressing
water chesnuts, if desired

1. Cook the chicken.  I usually cut it up and cook it in a skillet on the stovetop.  I add in a splash of soy sauce and little of the salad dressing to give the chicken a bit of flavor. 
2. Meanwhile, chop up the lettuce and tomatoes.  Place all ingredients, with exception to chow mein noodles, in a serving bowl.  
3.  Once salad is plated, top with chicken, chow mein noodles, and salad dressing.  
(Great as leftovers for lunch the next day too!)   

Wednesday- Great Goulash with Ground Turkey and Macaroni with Side Salad
**Never made goulash before- the name always turned me off, but there's a first for everything right?  I am going to add 2 jalapenos and a little salt per one of the reviews (said it was too bland without it). 

Thursday- Biscuit Topped Chicken and Cheese Casserole

Friday- Leftovers

Saturday- Boston Market
**It's a tradition of my family's growing up, that I'm passing down to my kiddos.  On Halloween each year my mom, sisters, and I would munch on Boston Market before trick-or-treating.  Since we will be at our friends' house tomorrow, we are feasting on this yumminess a day early.

Sunday- Dinner at Friends.  HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment